Front-End Web Developer
As the front end developer for Bethel Church you will be responsible for Bethel.com and other sites for Bethel Church and its ministries. This includes rebuilding the Bethel.com site while also maintaining, upgrading, updating, and moving forward several Wordpress and Drupal sites and their servers. In this position, you would be responsible for evaluating and understanding the needs of the Church and its ministries while collaborating on functionality, timelines, and best options to fulfill these needs. Working with a UI/UX designer, you will create and build modern user facing sites to give access to events, sermons, resources, giving, ministry information and schedules, and all other needs for the church sites. This will require designing the backend data structures to support the front-end views and functionality. This will include hands-on testing and developing using modern best-practices while maintaining browser compatibility for our global audience. You will ultimately be the guardian of the implementation of all user and admin facing pages with attention to detail in design implementation, page speed, cross device optimization, and all other aspects of the needs for Front End Development.
- Coordinate with department directors and other stakeholders on architecture, timeline, and coordination of completing scoped work.
- Collaborate with UI/UX to advise on design patterns that can be accomodated in our site structure and existing code.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code base that is built to be speedy, responsive, beautiful, flexible, and durable.
- Oversee front-end code base quality, organization, and optimization.
- Plan and create data structures to support the current vision and leave room for future needs.
- Own the front-end, admin, and user permissions and make sure all surrounding pieces are considered.
- 5+ years of full-time web development experience in a group/team environment
- Formal training/certification in front-end web development.
- Confident in learning new CMS, API, and language tools.
- Passion for code optimization, cleanliness, organization, size, and efficiency.
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate about and plan complex builds with a large team.
- Experience with Wordpress, Drupal, and general PHP coding.
- Comfortable working with managed servers to keep sites up to date and secure.
- Stays up to date on the latest CSS, familiar with SASS, loves to stay true to designs.
- JS Pro. Knows when to use a library and when to write custom vanilla JS components.
- Could build a template from scratch, and build a solid and maintainable code structure.
Nice to have
- Devops experience.
- PHP development master.
- Ruby on Rails and other languages.
- Health Insurance
- HealthiestYou (24hr doctor/prescription access)
- 403(b) Retirement Fund Matching
- Paid Holidays, Sick Leave, Jury Duty & Bereavement Leave
- Optional Vision and Dental
- Free Staff Lunch (twice a month)
- Bethel.com Email Address and Premium Bethel TV access
- 20% Discount on Most Items in the Bethel Bookstore
- Invitation to Attend Select Conferences